Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

A Whoop Cream Bottle

A Whoop Cream Bottle

Reddi-wip Whipped Cream Bottle

"What's for the snack sack today?" I asked as I placed his breakfast plate in front of him. He eats waffles for breakfast almost everyday and puts a generous helping of syrup and whipped cream on them.

"Since I'm putting a lot of whoop cream, a whoop cream bottle," he declared. He pronounces it "whoop" instead of "whipped." It sounds so cute every time I hear it.

He pushed the Reddi-wip bottle (or is it a can?) across the kitchen table toward me. "You can copy this and I'll put a lot of decorations on it when you're done." Drawing a physical object is not my favorite reference, but I decided to just go for it without complaining.

I wasn't sure what he meant by "decorations," but I would soon find out. I did my best to copy the design from the can not doing a very good job. He finished his breakfast and moved over to my side of the table. He grabbed the Sharpie and got to work adding his decorations. Clearly my "less is more" counseling hasn't sunk in. He kept adding and adding.

I wasn't sure what all the decorations were, so I asked him, "What is that that you drew?"

"Remember the ball drop?"

"Yeah," I said as if I got it. I didn't. But I could see that he was emulating the Times Square mayhem. I was going to ask more questions, but decided not to. I figured it was better this time to just leave him to express himself creatively.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents