Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Two Big Walkie-talkies

Two Big Walkie-talkies


"What's for the snack sack today?"

He thought for a few moments. "I just got an idea. Two big walkie-talkies." He paused. "Like those," he said, pointing to a pair of toy walkie-talkies on the counter behind me. They were actually pretty small. I had forgotten they were even there.

He found them this weekend among some of his older toys but couldn't play with them because their batteries were dead. They use 4 little calculator batteries each. The batteries were way too expensive at the grocery store so I need to buy them online where they are sold at a fraction of the price. Meanwhile they've been on the counter waiting.  

I'm not a fan of drawing physical objects, but I arranged them in front of me and did my best. I forgot to ask him what he thought of it and he forgot to tell me anything. I prefer hearing his reaction, even if it's critical. Not hearing what he thought of the finished work, it felt like something important was missing from our morning today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents