Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A Charlie Brown Christmas

Peanuts Christmas Scene with Charlie Brown, Snoopy, and Woodstock

"What'll it be today?"

"The ice castle from Frozen," he said, remembering that that was his first choice yesterday before we settled in on Marshmallow.

"I don't know if I'll have time today," I said, although I didn't have yesterday's excuse. I handed him my iPhone to pick a picture of the ice castle, but I wasn't much in the mood to draw it. Once he picked the picture, however, I thought it'd actually be pretty cool to try. But by the time I sat down, I realized that I really didn't have the time today. "Sorry, Buddy, we'll have to pick something else. I just don't have the time to do it."

"I don't know what to else to pick."

"How about something Christmas-y?"

Right away he pointed to the Peanuts Christmas clock that we bring out every Christmas. I figured it'd be easy enough to finish in time and it was. It felt cool to draw these childhood favorites. Doing so made me realize that with all the practice, I am now comfortable to draw whatever I want. I can do it! I can draw anything! I thought to myself, Fun!

"I like it! Can you add the bird?"

"His name is Woodstock." On the clock, Woodstock is on the tip of the second hand and flies around the dial with each passing second. After I started drawing him in the air, I realized that I should have put him instead on Snoopy's stomach. No matter. This one was fun to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents