Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

Mirror Writing

Victor in Mirror Writing

My wife and I were headed out of town over the weekend through Monday. We arranged for Victor to stay with some friends who'd take him to school on Monday as well. As I was packing up his clothes and school items, I realized that I'd be packing a blank sack if I didn't draw anything. I was already running late to the airport, but decided to quickly draw something, anything on his snack sack. I'd never drawn out a snack sack ahead of time before.

I figured the easiest thing to do was to simply write his name out in a unique way. In fact, that's all I had intended to do when I started this project a year and a half ago. I literally had no time to spare when I pulled out the Sharpie. As a kid, I taught myself how to print in mirror writing and that's the idea that popped into my head.  I printed his name as quickly as I could and got the proportional heights all wrong. I had to fix the "V" and the "I" after I had added the "CTOR." It's kind of a mess, but I just didn't want to send him off with a blank sack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents