Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

A Giant Scorpion

Scorpion

"What should we do today?"

"A giant scorpion."

We had a little chat about the time I was bit by a scorpion. It happened in the shower just a few years ago. As the water sprayed down, a desert scorpion hung upside down, unbeknownst to me, under the shower drain cap. I'm sure it was unhappy with the unexpected rainstorm and stung my toe when I got too close to it. My toe felt like it had been stabbed. A strong burning sensation immediately followed. I suspected that my toe had caught a rough edge of the drain cap, however, there was no blood. The pain didn't go away, so I bent down to take a closer look at the drain. Shivers ran up and down my spine when I saw the scorpion in an aggressive stance, still hanging upside down. I jumped out of the shower and limped to my iPhone. I did a quick search to learn how serious a scorpion bite is. Luckily, the pain subsided after I applied an ice pack, as per the instructions I found. I don't recommend allowing yourself to be stung by a scorpion. It was not a pleasant experience.

I got started right away and forgot to make his lunch first. When I realized I still had to do that, it was almost time to head out. I rushed to finish.

"Ooo! Scorpion! Awesome!"

I smiled. My hard work was rewarded with his reaction.

"Did you take a picture?"

"Yup."

"Good!"

It's nice to be reminded of how much he likes these sacks and how much he wants us to preserve the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents