Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Leo the Lion

Leo the Lion Climbing a Tree

"What's for the snack sack today?" I asked him.

"You know, the snack sack's on the iPad."

"It is?"

"It is." He scanned the screenshots and stopped on one. "It's Leo the Lion."

Victor spent several days over the summer taking screenshots on his iPad mini of his favorite Looney Tunes scenes. He literally took hundreds of stills. For some cartoon snippets, he took screenshots frame by frame. He's given me the impression, mostly by stating it directly, that he thinks I'll draw them all.

I looked over his shoulder. It was a snapshot from "The Lion's Busy" featuring Leo the Lion and Beaky Buzzard. "What's happening in this cartoon?" I asked him.

"There's an eagle that's trying to eat the lion." In a deep voice, mimicking Beaky Buzzard, he said, "Temper, temper, Mr. Lion."

I flipped through the other snapshots. "It's a vulture, not an eagle," I corrected.

"Exactly," he said.

"I can't see Leo's tail and stuff. Do you want me to just cut it off or draw the rest of his body."

"Just cut it off. Just do it exactly as it is."

"Okay!"

When I was done, he laughed, "He-he-he!"

"What do you think?" I asked.

"I like it!"

When he came home that afternoon, I was happy to see that he'd brought this one home, unlike the one from yesterday which went lost.

"I told my teacher that I want you to come into class."

"Did you show her today's snack sack?"

"No."

"Um, you need to show her so that she knows what you're talking about!"

"Okay, I will."

He's funny. He likes to jump right into things sometimes without setting any context. Nonetheless, I have no doubt that I'll end up in his classroom sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents