Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2014

A Fortune Teller

A Fortune Teller

"What's for the snack sack today?"

"Angry Birds," he said, trying to convince me yet again. He knew I didn't want to draw more Angry Birds.

I shot him a look. I suggested, "How about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?" He had a new straw cup with the turtles on it.

He didn't want that. I know because he ignored me. "I'm having a really hard time this morning," he said. He thought for a while. "I know...a fortune teller," he said with confidence. He was actually playing with a paper fortune teller he got from Chuck E. Cheese's last weekend. It was his first experience with this classic paper toy and he was enamored by it.

"That?" I asked.

"Not this fortune teller. Like a real fortune teller."

I ran a search on my iPhone. This time I picked it myself and showed it to him. He liked it. This one was fun to draw, but I got impatient toward the end when coloring in his cloak. I had to do it ever so carefully to create the effect and I just wanted to be done!

When he saw it, he exclaimed, "Ooo, cool!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents