Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

How about an old school catapult...

Catapult

"What's for the snack sack today?"

"Godzilla Minecraft," he said with a wicked grin.

"Haven't we already done that?" I asked. At this point it's hard for me to keep track of what we have and haven't done. I do know we've already done at least one Godzilla.

"No," he answered confidently.

I ran a search for "Godzilla Minecraft" and took a look at the options. "Hmm," I said, "it won't look like anything." I handed him my iPhone so he could see for himself.

"This one looks awesome!"

"Yeah, but it won't look like that if I try to draw it. Can you think of something else?"

He didn't argue. He thought for a moment, then suggested, "How about an old school catapult?"

It's always amazing to me how quickly he can shift gears to something completely unexpected. "Okay," I said and ran a new search.

"Do you want easy or hard?" he asked. "This one is cool."

I took a look at it. "Really, that's what you want? It doesn't look much like a catapult."

"Yes it does," he said, pointing out the various features. "It's so awesome."

I was surprised that he picked this particular drawing out of all the other options. "Okay," I said and got to work. This one took longer than expected. I had to pay a great deal of attention to the details to get it to look right.

"I like it Dadda. It looks cool!" he said staring at it. He looked up at me and asked, "Why'd it take you so long to do the snack sack? It looked pretty easy."

"I took my time, I guess." I said. In fact, it wasn't easy at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents