Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Happy 7th Birthday Victor!

7 Cupcakes

My boy turned 7 today! I had in mind to draw one cupcake with a sign sticking out with "Happy 7th Birthday!" on it. But in looking for the right reference I saw this drawing of 7 cupcakes. It seemed meant to be; although, this wasn't my best effort today. My version doesn't quite match the original and my lines are a bit sloppy. I'm not exactly sure why I numbered them either. Then, I made the tag banner in a random stroke of inspiration, but it doesn't quite make sense. It's a tag attached to what exactly? I thought after I had drawn it. When I was all done, I had the desire to start over. I might have had I had the time, but I didn't.

He wasn't very impressed either actually. He read the tag and said nothing more than, "Heh, that's what it says on the card."

No matter, we're celebrating nonetheless. I can't believe he's 7 years old! It's amazing how fast time flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents