Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Mario

Mario - Nintendo

"Snack sack idea?"

"Uh, no," he said after he gave it some consideration.

"Should I pick?" I asked, then tested, "Or you don't want a snack sack today?"

"Um, you pick. Just don't do anything Halloween. I have a lot of ideas, but they are for the holidays."

I didn't have much time today. I was going to draw an ICEE since he was so excited to wear his new ICEE shirt on his birthday yesterday, but I didn't think I had enough time to find the right reference. Maybe tomorrow, I thought. Instead I looked down at his placemat and figured that Mario is a great character to draw.

He came around to my side of the table to watch me draw and said, "You've already done Mario."

"Yeah, but not this Mario," I retorted.

"Yeah, not this Mario," he repeated.

I didn't want to user color, but with only outlines, the drawing looked incomplete. I tried adding some shading and am pleased with how it turned out. I love doing cartoon characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents