Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Froot Loops Bird



"What should we do today?"

"The Froot Loops bird bathing in a Froot Loops bowl," he said scooping a spoonful of Froot Loops into his mouth.

"Hmm. I don't know about that but I can look him up," I said. "His name is Toucan Sam by the way."

"Who's name?" he asked inquisitively.

"The toucan."

"Oh!"

I did a search for "Fruit Loops" and learned that it is actually "Froot Loops." I've gone my entire life not really paying attention. I handed him my iPhone with lots of options. He took a very long time picking one. I think he was looking for something complex and most were straightforward. I eventually had to pressure him to pick something. When he finally did, he picked a photograph of someone's square 3D box cutout of Toucan Sam. It was clearly an activity from the back of the box that someone was showing off. 

After staring at it for a minute I refused to do it. "It's not going to look like anything if I draw it," I said.

"So you're not going to draw anything?" he asked. 

"I'll draw Toucan Sam which is what you asked for in the first place." So that's what I did. The proportions aren't perfect but it looks okay. He came by to nitpick on the beak but liked it nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents