Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Battleship

Battleship

"What’s for the snack sack today?"

"Maybe…" he said with promise. "Um, no," he added with regret, "I don't have a snack sack idea." He took a moment, then said softly, seemingly in defeat, "You choose today." Not a second after he said it, he was struck with an idea. "A battleship!?" he exclaimed.

He looked for a while and picked a photograph of the USS Midway. We had just visited this grounded battleship turned museum over the weekend. It looked way too complicated for me to draw so I refused. He picked this funky artistic rendition of a battleship instead. This one also looked like a lot of work, but at least it was a drawing to start with. I was looser with my attention to detail than normal and didn't try to match everything perfectly. Today he came to sit on my lap to watch me as I worked through it. I love it when he does that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents