Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

It's Kind of Annoying Orange, But Not Really...

Bat and Pumpkin with Lightning

"What's for the snack sack today?" I asked, thinking I knew what his request was going to be.

"Do a character from Annoying Orange."

That came out of nowhere, I thought. I was fully expecting to draw a frog since he spent our first five minutes together this morning asking about frogs and flies and some game he played recently with a frog. I dutifully ran a search for "Annoying Orange" and handed him my iPhone.

"This one," he said.

"That's not Annoying Orange."

"It's okay. It's kind of Annoying Orange, but not really."

"Okay."

"I think you need to do it sideways."

"How come?"

"Because. I just want you to."

This one took no time at all. When I was done, I handed him the Sharpie. "Here, you write your name today."

"Daddy, I drew a cloud."

"Cool."

I left the kitchen and came back to see lightning and his name all bubbly, "Like the pumpkin," he told me.

"How come the 'R' is normal?" I asked.

"Because if I make it bumpy it will just look like a scribble scrabble."

"Oh," I said, pretending to understand.

"I'm just going to do one more lightning," he said. Then he looked up and asked, "Can I do fire?"

"Yup," I told him. "It is just about time to go though."

"Good?" he asked, seeking approval.

"Yeah!"

"Now, I'm gonna shade the steam."

He's cute! I thought.

"Do you like it?" he asked.

"Yeah!" Now I know why he wanted me to do it sideways. He had big plans for this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents