Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

How about if my name is going down a drain...

How about if my name is going down a drain...

Drain


He woke up early this morning which means I had more time to get things ready. I had in mind to do something more creative with his sack today, but I didn't know what. I asked him if he had any ideas.

"How about if my name is going down a drain," he said. That really blew me away. "What a fantastically creative idea," I thought, "What if his name did go down a drain? What might that look like?" I immediately had a picture of it in my head and the project took on a whole new turn.

Why just write his name if I could draw something where his name was a part of the picture? What a cool idea! I loved that he came up with it on his own. I'm not an artist and my entire bit of art training comes from my 8th grade art teacher. I was a little nervous to draw something, especially with a Sharpie, but I figured what the hell. I know the perspective isn't quite right, but I really liked the way this turned out and so did Victor. He thought it was cool how his letters are depicted.

"Tomorrow," he said, "I want my name on a hat!" This project just got more interesting.

1 comment:

  1. What an interesting thought process he has. I've read through all of these now and to think of what's in his mind, where the letters are coming from and going to, how coins should fly out, lave should shoot out, smoke should rise, speakers should be present. Interesting and fascinating insight into the mind of a child.

    ReplyDelete

Contents