Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Crystals 2

Crystals 2

Crystals

He asked for crystals today. We had just done crystals a couple of weeks ago so I asked him to think of something else. He got pouty and I quickly relented.

He picked this one and guided me by saying, "You have to do it sideways. You have to!"

He could see on my face that I wasn't sure about tackling all the details and complexity of his choice.

He added a concession, "You don't have to do the little crystals if you don't want to."

"I'll do them," I said already feeling overwhelmed.

"Yay!" he exclaimed. "It's going to be way beautiful when you're done, right? It's always beautiful when you're done because you're the neatest drawer I could ever ask for."

"I am?"

"Because it always looks like what it's supposed to," he said as a sincere compliment.

"Daddy, can you teach me to do that?"

"Yup."

"Yay!"

He had a big smile on his face when he saw the completed drawing. "How did you do the little crystals so fast!?" he asked. "Where's my name? Oh. I don't see the 'i'? I need to fix the 'i'." And so he did.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents