Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A toucan bird...

A toucan bird...


"A toucan bird," he said matter-of-factly. He continued, "You know what gave me the idea?" He didn't pause. "It's because of this guy," he said pointing to the Fruit Loops Box on the kitchen table. At this moment he took a pause. "He's a toucan, right?"

It was clear that he wanted a real toucan and not Toucan Sam. I messed up on my first try, drawing the the bird too big. I had to start over. There are so many ways to mess up a drawing! I was worried on every stroke for this one, especially since I'm drawing directly in Sharpie. Starting out with a mistake can shake my confidence.

"It's very cute," he said affirmingly. "Oooh! That looks more realer. More realer than I'm used to seeing it. Cool!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents