Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Davy Jones

Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean

"What'll be today?

"A house with Christmas lights," he said thinking of something Christmas-y like yesterday's Christmas Tree. But he remembered what he really wanted yesterday and quickly changed it up, "No, no! Davy Jones! Now we can do it."

He was right. We had plenty of time so I did a search and handed him my iPhone. He couldn't decide. I kept prodding him to pick one but he just kept scrolling and browsing. I got frustrated with the delay and threatened not to do it. I wasn't in the mood for something complicated, but I knew this one would be. I was extra sleepy and just wanted to go back to bed.

He finally picked a screen capture from the movie, knowing full well that I expected him to pick one of the many illustrated options.

"I don't think I'll have time to do it anymore," I warned. 

"How about this one?" he said picking a drawing this time. It was a terrible illustration, simple but not cool at all. 

"I'll pick," I said, taking the phone from him. I found two good options right away. One was Davy Jones's full body. The other was just of his head. "Of these two, which one?" I asked, still giving him the final decision.

He pointed to the one with his full body. 

I sat down still sleepy and more frustrated than before at all the wasted time. I would have had plenty of time, but now I was expecting to feel rushed. Instead, I fell into a zone. I lost myself to the outside world and I looked up twenty minutes later to see the completed drawing. I was very pleased with what I saw. Wow! I thought, He looks cool!

Victor saw it and said, "Oh my god! He looks creepy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents