Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Cockroaches

The Cockroaches from Oggy and the Cockroaches

"How about something Easter-y since it's finally close to Easter? You said you had lots of Easter ideas."

"How about today you do Oggy and tomorrow you do The Cockroaches. Then we can do Easter stuff." He's been watching the cartoon, "Oggy and the Cockroaches," this week on YouTube.

"But Sunday is Easter," I protested. "So if we do that, then there's only Friday before Easter."

He ignored my comments and I could see he wasn't going to change his mind. I ran a search and he quickly picked an image of the three cockroaches, Marky, Joey, and Dee Dee.

"Thanks for picking quickly today," I said. Apparently, I'm doing The Cockroaches today. Perhaps Oggy will be tomorrow.

I started from left to right. I drew the first cockroach too skinny and his mouth too small. I sighed.

"Are they a little hard?"

"Sort of."

He came over to take a closer look and said cautiously, "Can I tell you something?"

I nodded.

"You made a little mistake."

"I know."

"It's the tongue."

"Yeah. The whole mouth is too small...and...I made him too skinny."

"Yeah. It's okay."

I worked diligently trying not to make any more mistakes.

"Yay!" he shouted when he saw it finished. He laughed a big laugh and hugged me tightly before we headed out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents