Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Spider-Man

Spider-Man


This morning didn't start out very well with the ideas.

"How about people standing together in front of a tree with leaves falling down."

"Um, what!!?!" I thought to myself. "That's too many things to do. It will take too long," I scolded.

I didn't have a ton of time this morning and was already feeling stressed. He didn't have any other ideas, just that one brilliant one. Since he couldn't come up with anything and because he had mentioned Spider-Man a few days ago, I decided to try our friendly neighborhood superhero.

I wasn't sure if I'd get the proportions right and felt nervous throughout. I ran out of time for the details on the buildings and didn't do a good job with the perspective there, but the idea comes across well enough. In the end, he liked it, as did I.

"Ooooo," he said softly when he saw the finished drawing. "Daddy, I'm not sure if I'm gonna bring this back," he warned me.

"Why?" I asked.

"I'm not sure. I'm not sure."

Well, he did bring it back. It's Spider-Man! How could he throw him away!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents