Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

Just Thor

Just Thor


Today it was tough to pick something. We went from fall, to November stuff, to an autumn tree, to a snowy tree, to a Christmas tree, to superheroes (both Spider-Man and Thor together), to finally Thor. Just Thor.

We had taken so much time deciding what to draw that I just picked the reference drawing instead of handing over my iPhone. This one, like the vampire in a meadow, makes me cringe a little every time I look at it. The Thor I picked is a comic book looking Thor which looks pretty different from the way Thor is portrayed in more modern incarnations, like in The Avengers. In fact, he looked pretty unfamiliar to Victor even with the hammer in hand.

Victor looked me dead in the eye and asked, "What are you drawing? That doesn't look like anybody."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents