Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A Real Volcano

A Real Volcano

Volcano Scene

"Do you have a snack sack idea?"

He thought for a few beats, then said, "A real volcano."

I shot him a disapproving look and said, "I've already done a volcano." In fact, I had done a couple of volcanoes.

"I mean a real volcano." I wasn't sure what that meant but figured I'd let him show me. I ran a search and handed him my iPhone. He searched for a long time before he picked this stormy scene.

The scene is an amazing picture with a dark gray and purple sky dominating it. The mountains and water are nearly black in darkness. The lightning shines bright blue and hot white, lighting up the surrounding areas. Lava explodes from the erupting volcano adding orange and red hues to the turbulent cloud cover. "I can try but it won't look the same as the picture," I let him know.

"Just do your best." That's what I did, trying to find ways of capturing the essence of the scene as best I could with only the Sharpie. "Dad, it doesn't really look like it," he informed me when I was done.

"I told you," I said a little hurt by his flat tone.

"I know. I like it anyway though," he said in response.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents