Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A House

A House

House

"Any ideas for today's snack sack?"

"A house."

"What kind of house?"

"Like the house we live in."

"Okay," I said as I ran a search on my iPhone.

"All of these are complicated, but I'll pick one that's easy," he said as he scanned the Google images.

He did!

"Well this is sort of a haunted house, but I just want a regular house, so don't draw the spider, the spider webs, the gate, and the ghost."

I was focussed on making his lunch and didn't respond right away.

"Are you listening? Don't draw the spider, the spider webs, the gate, and the ghosts," he repeated. "You got that?"

"Yup. Don't draw the spider, the spider webs, the gate, and the ghost," I played back.

"Yes!"

As I started drawing he leaned up from across the table to look at the lines being drawn.

"I still can't believe that when you draw it looks just like it."

"Pretty cool to see it come to life, huh?"

"I just can't believe it! You should be an art teacher. Or a movie maker."

Wouldn't that be fun?! I thought without any misplaced sense of grandeur knowing that the adulation was coming from my own son.

He came back from brushing his teeth to take a look at the finished product. "It's not one house. It's two houses on top of a house," he remarked astutely. "Where's Victor?"

"I didn't add it yet."

He took the Sharpie and proceeded to add a new chimney in the center with a long stream of smoke coming out of it. He hid his letters mostly within. The 't' ended up on the doorknob hardly readable and of course the sneaky R had to be sneaky. It found its way hidden among the chimney bricks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents