Pages

Friday, May 3, 2013

Let's do a hawk...

Let's do a hawk...

Hawk

Today was crazy hair day at school and I did my best to gel his hair up into a mohawk before we even came downstairs for breakfast. His hair is pretty long, so it wasn't easy to get it to hold. I doubt it will last even half of the day.

"Since we did a mohawk, let's do a hawk," he suggested. "Mo-hawk," he added, pausing between the two syllables. I did a search and handed him my iPhone.

"Oh wow, this is cool," I blurted out when I saw which one he chose. I surprised myself. I rarely have a positive reaction to his choices.

"Oh that's good. That's really good," he said when I was just getting started. 

I loved the look of this hawk and was very into the process. The thick tip of the Sharpie flowed freely today. I felt very confident. This is definitely one of my all time favorites. 

By contrast he didn't have much of a reaction at all when he saw the finished version. He stared at it for a long while and then said, "I like it," rather flatly. I was hoping he would bring it home, but he didn't and I'm not sure why.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents