Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

You can do a NERF gun...

You can do a NERF gun...

NERF Gun

"I want to do something Mother's Day," he informed me. Last night, he asked me if I would do, "the front of the card I gave to Mom." It had a nice arrangement of flowers on it and I told him that I could definitely copy it.

He sat pensively for a minute. It appeared that he was considering something different. "Hmm," he said, "We already did a chocolate fountain so I guess we need to do the Mother's Day card." The chocolate fountain from our Mother's Day Brunch on Sunday was once again a highlight.

I was ready to get started, but couldn't find the card. It wasn't here. We were stuck. "No card. Mom took it to work," I informed him.

He thought for another long while, then said, "You can do a NERF gun. Well, actually that's way too complicated."

We were running late today and I wasn't feeling in the groove, but I had spent the previous week out of town for work and didn't want to disappoint. "I can do a NERF gun," I let him know. Ha!, I thought, What a wild transition from Mother's Day flowers to a NERF gun!

"No way! Cool!" He looked it over carefully. "You were supposed to do 1, 2, 3, 4, but you did 1, 2, 3. You're supposed to do 4," he said counting the bullets. He was right that there were four visible bullets, but I only had room to draw three. "You're not supposed to do what you think you see," he chastised lightly.

"I ran out of room Buddy," I let him know. He's definitely got a keen eye and keeps me honest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents