Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Dr. Doofenshmirtz Fighting Perry

Dr. Doofenshmirtz Fighting Perry

“What’s for the snack sack today?"

"Dr. Doofenshmirtz and Perry,” he said sticking to the plan he made yesterday morning. Before I could say anything, he added, "Oh, we definitely don't have time to do them fighting...or do we?”

“No, I don't think I can do both.”

He seemed okay with that. I searched for Dr. Doofenshmirtz only. "Ha! This one," he said finding one quickly. "He looks eee-vil," he said, mimicking Dr. Doofenshmirtz.

"Because he is eee-vil,” I added.

I was about to start but thought, Oh, what the hell?! I'd rather do a full scene. I looked up Dr. Doofenshmirtz fighting Perry and handed him back the iPhone.

There weren't many options. He first picked one with Perry in the exact same pose as in the snack sack I had done of Perry last year. I didn't want to do it again, even if it was now part of a scene. I asked him to pick something else. 

He picked this one which looked fun to me. I completely messed up Doofenshmirtz at the get-go. I tried to fix him but ended up just throwing the whole thing out. That caused me to be really pressed for time. I got Doofenshmirtz right the second time, but he looked as if he was smiling as opposed to angrily fighting. I tried to curl the corner of his mouth down a bit, but didn't want to risk messing up his whole look with too much ink around his mouth. It's the small things I struggle with sometimes when I'm not 100% focussed on all the details, especially critical ones. 

Victor noticed right away. "Why'd you make Doofenshmirtz a little happy?” he asked.

“What?” I said, although I, of course, knew exactly what he was taking about. 

"You made him a little too happy.”

“Yeah, I noticed that,” I admitted. "I tried to curl his mouth down a bit, but he still looks a little happy, I know.”

"It's good except for that," he consoled.

As usual, nothing gets by him. He's critical like his Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents