Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Johnny Test

Johnny Test

"When are you coming to my class to teach drawing?" he asked excitedly.

"I need to figure out exactly what I'm going to do and say," I responded. I'm a little nervous about going actually. I really don't know exactly what to do or say.

"Well, you promised my teacher a long time ago."

"I know. I know."

"I know what I'm going to do. I'm going to stand up there with you and pick on someone and they can ask you to draw something."

"Um, I want to pick something easy. I can't take too much time."

"Like the Empire State?"

"No," I said slowly and deliberately, "probably a character that everyone knows."

Then his eyes got wide and he exclaimed, "Johnny Test!"

"Is that what you want today?"

"Yes!"

We shifted gears to search for a good shot of Johnny Test. I studied the image he chose. "It's really two things," I told him. "It's Johnny and the guitar."

"You've done two things before."

"Oh, I can do it. It's just that the more there is, the more time it takes." As is so often then case, I looked at the clock worried I didn't have enough time. I worked efficiently and finished just in time to rush out the door. 

His reaction was priceless. He took it all in with a gush of compliments, "Oh, jeez. Oh, jeez. Yup! I love it! I love it!" Then he noticed his name and the tiny Johnny Test head in the "O" like in the original logo. He continued his gushing, "Oh, gosh. How'd you do that? Victor Test! It's a good thing I have an 'O' right? I have flaming hair! Yay! Oh, jeez. How'd you do that? How'd you make his head so small? Okay, I'm totally showing this to the teachers. Whoa! I totally love Johnny Test. How'd you make his head so small? Seriously, how'd you do it!?!"

I felt proud today. I couldn't help but walk out of the house and into the sunshine with a big smile on my face. This one came back home. I knew it would.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents