Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Haunted House

Haunted House


Although he's easily scared by scary things, Victor has been much more into Halloween decorations this year. We bought several new ones for the house and I guess he's got Halloween on his mind. When we searched for a haunted house to draw, he of course picked one that looked very complicated. Usually, my first impulse is to tell him no. But I liked how dark this picture was and I was interested in making something that filled more of the sack with black. This one definitely took 20-25 minutes, but once again, I found myself lost in the fun and challenge of creating. I put a lot of attention into the details on this one because I really wanted it to look good. The only thing I regret is forgetting to incorporate his letters into the house or gate somehow. But I like that he came over and decided to add them himself. They are shivering from fright as they walk up towards the house. It's a nice touch of his.

He really loved this one and told me so repeatedly. "Awesome daddy!" he said to me when he first saw it. "I so definitely like your drawings," he told me later. "I want to keep it badly because it's so cool." He did, in fact, bring it back home with him that day. We plan to hang up the sacks that make it back in his room as decorations. This is the first time he mentioned wanting to bring one back. It doesn't bother me at all that they end up tossed in the trash. They are not meant to be collectable works of art, but it is nice to know that he's beginning to cherish the sacks beyond their mere utility.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents