Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

How about my letters at the top of a snowy mountain...

How about my letters at the top of a snowy mountain...


Before he asked me to draw the tallest building in the world yesterday, he asked me to draw his letters "digging a hole in the snow." I had no idea what he meant by that, so I pushed him for another idea and  we went with the tallest building thing. Looks like he didn't forget about the snow though. Snowy mountains on a brown sack aren't easy to pull off. After I drew them, I figured I needed something to add a little more context, hence the random skier giant slaloming down the side.

He added his letters, my favorite part of this drawing, with his now signature expressive eyebrows. They make me smile.

Oh, and I almost forgot this exchange of ours:

"Dad, do you know what a hurky is?"

"No, what is it?"

"This is a hurky. This is a hurky of snow falling on this guy's head," he said to me as he was filling in the black mark above the skier's head.

"A hurky?"

"Yup."

Okay, then. A hurky of snow is what's falling on the skier's head. You learn something new everyday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents