Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

How about a bear...

How about a bear...

Polar Bears

"What’s for the snack sack today?"

"The Disneyland Castle!" he exclaimed immediately, same as he did yesterday.

"Um, I think I've already done that," I said not really sure if I had. I meant to run through the archive yesterday but didn’t. "Besides, that will take all morning," I complained. "Besides, we've already done so many castles." The complaints flowed freely this morning.

"Okay, okay," he relented. He thought for a moment and then said, "How about a bear?"

"Okay," I said, "but it can't be too detailed." Curiously, we have never done a bear. I'm pretty sure he thought of a bear because we watched Open Season 2 yesterday for family movie time. One of the main characters, Boog, is a giant grizzly bear. I didn't do a search for Boog; instead, I searched for "bear drawing" and handed him my iPhone.

"Oh, this is so cute! Don't you think this is so cute?"

I walked around to his side of the table to look. "Yes it is," I agreed.

"I want that one."

"Okay."

Simple ones are never as easy as I think they'll be. I was tricky to get the proportions right, but in the end he loved it. "Oh, that is so cute!" he rejoiced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents