Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Brontosaurus

Brontosaurus


He loves dinosaurs and I'm surprised he hasn't asked me to draw one yet. He wanted me to draw a brontosaurus, a triceratops, and a t-rex. After several hurried mornings in a row, I talked him into picking one dinosaur. Brontosaurus was the one he chose. Working in Sharpie, with little room for error, I'm always a little terrified when I start out. Getting the proportions correct even while looking intently at a picture or drawing to copy isn't easy for me. I tried hard to concentrate on what I was looking at. "Draw what you see. Not what you think you see." I kept saying to myself. Today, when he came around the table to see the finished drawing, I got a very convincing, "Great daddy!" Nice! That made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents