Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

Perry

Perry the Platypus

"Can you do Haunted Mansion from Disneyland?"

"I could...but it doesn't look like much of anything." I did the search and sure enough it just looks like a house. 

"And Pirates of the Caribbean doesn't look like anything either, right?"

"Right."

"Can you pick something? I don't have any good ideas."

"Something from Disneyland?" I asked with mock inquiry. He's obviously excited about the fact that we're going to Disneyland next week. Plus, he played with the Disneyland explorer app a lot yesterday. I took a look at pictures of other rides like Matterhorn, Space Mountain, and the Mickey ferris wheel, but none seemed like good subjects.

Then he said all of the sudden, "You can do Phineas and Ferb if you want to." He browsed, then decided on Perry instead.

Half way through I felt pretty sure I'd have been better off had I begun with thin tip of the Sharpie. I considered starting over, but decided to see it through. Perry ended up too skinny and didn't look wholly like himself. It came out okay, but definitely not great.

"What do you think? Should I start over?" I asked seriously.

He came over to take a look. He agreed that I should start over, but asked, "Can I keep this one Daddy?"

"Sure!"

"Yay! I'm going to color it."

I worked a little more carefully and it did come out better on the second try.

"Ooh. That looks a lot better! Cool!" he said when he turned the corner and saw the finished product. "I like it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents