Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Tower of Terror

Disneyland Hollywood Tower Hotel Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror

Yesterday, I went to a parent-teacher conference. Right at the start, his teacher showed me the showcase of snack sacks in the classroom. She said, "I can't believe that isn't what you do for a living...that you've never really done that sort of thing. It's amazing!"

I blushed. I've never been very good at accepting compliments.

The sacks were displayed underneath the whiteboard to allow the kids to see them up close. She said the class really looks forward to seeing them each day wondering, "What did he do today!?" I'm definitely encouraged to do a simple drawing workshop at some point with his classmates. That should be fun!

"So what's for the snack sack today?" I asked as I always do.

He smiled. "It's getting Christmas-y...so...since we're going to Disneyland...and it's going to be all Christmas-y...do World of Color," he said trying to justify a request he knew wasn't going to fly.

"Um...yeah...no," I said casually. "It wouldn't look like World of Color even if I tried."

"Ooh, what is it called?" he pondered as he sat up with excitement. "The Tower of Terror," he said declaratively. 

I nodded not knowing what I was getting myself into. I definitely felt in a rush on this one despite spending over 30 minutes. I wasn't even half way done at minute 20 so I really moved quickly to finish in time.

When I was done, he came over and read, "The Hollywood Tower Hotel." He considered it. "That's a weird name for it," he concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents