Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

I want an organ...

I want an organ...

Organ

He was grounded from electronics today after a meltdown last night. That means he can't play with anything that plugs in. Clever as always, he found an exception in our electronic piano. He asked and I allowed it because it's not quite a toy and does has some creative value.

As I prepared his breakfast, he played with toys on and around the piano. "I want an organ," he told me as he banged out some notes with the piano set to a classic organ voice.

"What?" I asked from the kitchen not having the faintest idea what he meant.

"An organ. That's what I want for the snack sack."

"Oh."

I did a search, but the results were not very appealing. It would seem that most organs are attached to a church; what's more, they weren't very recognizable as organs. He ended up picking this one which also doesn't look much like an organ to me. Oh well, it's close enough, I thought.

He ate breakfast at record speed without the distraction of a TV show. On his way to brush his teeth he came over to take a look at the drawing. "Jeesh, you're fast!" he said with wonder in his voice.

I didn't reply. I was about 3/4 done. He left to the bathroom and I stayed steady on the task. We didn't have much time today.

He came back right away with his toothbrush and toothpaste in hand. The toothpaste is almost empty but not quite. He needs my help to get more out. It's amazing how long it lasts with me squeezing more and more out each day for weeks. "Daddy, you're fast!" he repeated full of adulation.

"Thanks, buddy," I said, not knowing what to say.

Pretty much out of time, I wrapped it up and we headed out the door in a rush. Half way out the door he remembered that he hadn't seen the finished drawing. "I didn't see it! I didn't see it!" he said excitedly. I pulled it out of his backpack and he gave it his approval with genuine enthusiasm, "I like it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents