Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A Sunset

A Sunset

Sunset

"What'll it be today?" I asked.

"A sunset." 

Where does he get his ideas from? I wondered. They often seem random. "Oh, that's going to be hard because it needs colors and stuff," I said mostly dismissing the idea.

"Why don't you use colors?" he asked.

"Because I don't have that much time. It's hard enough as is to make the time to draw something every day," I answered honestly. I did a search and handed him my iPhone.

He picked a vivid sunset and said, "Here, just do your best."

I took one look at it and said, "No, I can't do that." It was a painting of a sunset with no real solid lines. "I need a drawing or something that at least has lines to draw," I told him.

"I have an idea. How about you take the snack sacks I brought home and color them over the summer."

"No, I don't like that idea," I said firmly.

"Why not?"

"Because I want to keep them just as they are...as a memory of exactly what we did."

He didn't press further. "Well I don't see any drawings." One of the first options was a drawing with a sun and palm trees. I pointed it out. "Oh okay. That looks pretty good."

I made quick work of this one. After all the searching I didn't have much time.

"It's a good idea doing snack sacks right?"

"Yeah, it's fun!" I said. Most of the time, I thought.

"Well it's been fun for me too," he acknowledged.

"It has?"

"Yeah!" He sat pensively. "Well it's kind of sad that you have to do all this work in the morning."

"What do you mean by work?"

"Well you have to wash the dishes, make my lunch, make my breakfast, and do my snack sack."

I gave him a big hug. At least he notices. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents