Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Stormtroooper

Stormtroooper

Stormtroooper

"What's for the snack sack today?" I asked wondering if he'd continue taking on the artwork himself.

"Stormtrooper."

That answered my question. I knew he didn't intend to try drawing a stormtrooper, plus we didn't have a lot of extra time for me to encourage him to. Besides, I was in the mood to do something a bit challenging after having mostly sat out the last two times.

We picked this one pretty quickly and I got to work. The drawing went fast this time. It's not perfect but it's a pretty good rendition of a stormtrooper.

"You don't have to draw the gun," he said as I was working on his shoulder. He thought better of it, "Um, never mind. You can draw the gun." He thought about it some more and clarified, "We already did a gun." He must have been thinking of the NERF gun we did.

"Why don't you want me to draw a gun?" I asked wondering what his answer might be. "I don't have to draw the gun."

"Because at school you're not allowed to bring guns."

"Oh," I said carefully considering the options. In the end, we decided that in this context of such a well known Star Wars character, it'd be okay. But this was definitely a good thing to stop and think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents