Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Dukey


"What are we doing today?"

"Dukey."

Okay, I've seen Johnny Test twice now so I at least know that Dukey is the talking dog. The episode we watched yesterday was largely about Dukey and how he wanted to go to bring-your-pet-to-school day. Johnny picked his pet lizard instead, fearing Dukey might end up the star of a reality series if he brought him to school. I like the show. It's funny.

There weren't too many options for Dukey. Victor picked out an image of him with a super fat belly. Laughing, he showed me the phone and said, "Okay, this one."

"No," I said, "That doesn't look like him."

He found a different one with Dukey not even the main focus of the capture. "Okay, this one."

"No," I said.

He ended up picking this silly one of Dukey in bunny slippers, reading with his morning coffee. I messed up the proportions at first, but I was able to fix it. I retraced over the entire drawing which helped cover up some of the mistakes.

He liked it. "Cool!" he said. He looked at me and asked, "Are you going to do the 'Test' part?" He was wondering about his name and thinking about how I had done it in the Johnny Test from yesterday.

"No. I'm just going to do your name."

He watched as I filled in the mini Johnny Test silhouette inside the letter "O".

Reiterating his comments from yesterday, he said, "I love how you do it so small."

As we were walking out of the house, he planned out the snack sacks for the rest of the week. "Tomorrow I want you to do Dr. Doofenshmirtz. Then the next day I want you to do Perry."

I nodded in agreement.

"Or...could you do Dr. Doofenshmirtz fighting Perry?"

"If I have time."

"Okay, then I need to wake up early tomorrow and you need to get ready early tomorrow so that you have time."

"Okay," I said as we walked out into the sunlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents