Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

A Cyborg like from Treasure Planet...

Long John Silver Cyborg from Treasure Planet

"What's for the snack sack today?"

"Can you help me pick a category? I'm becoming a brainstorm loser."

"No you're not," I responded quickly. I don't like him getting down on himself about picking ideas in the morning. "Yesterday you said you wanted some other character from Pokémon today."

"No. I decided I don't want to do Squirtle."

"Okay. Did I ever do Godzilla?"

"No. You said it was too complicated and that you'd do it on the weekend." He sat thinking for a while. I watched as his eyes light up as an idea entered his brain. He blurted out, "Ah, a cyborg, like from Treasure Planet."

I gave him my iPhone with options from a generic search for cyborgs, but he didn't like what he saw. "I wanted one like the one in Treasure Planet," he told me, repeating himself.

I did a new search and he picked this shot of Long John Silver as a cyborg in Disney's Treasure Planet. Thinking it was too complex, he asked me sheepishly, "Can you do it?"

"Sure," I assured him. I had plenty of time and it didn't seem too complicated. I enjoyed drawing this one and am happy with how it came out.

He was too. When he saw it, he shouted, "Oh! Cool! Cyborg!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents