Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

Wile E. Coyote Chasing The Road Runner 2

Wile E. Coyote on a Rocket Chasing The Road Runner

"What's for the snack sack today?"

"Lucky Charms."

"What about Lucky Charms?"

"Uh, never mind," he said with a smile. "Okay, this is the last Road Runner and Coyote thing, okay?" he asked shifting gears quickly. We had recently done one with Wile E. Coyote chasing The Road Runner.

"Oh, yeah?"

"Yeah, please."

I ran a search and he picked this scene. I took a deep breath before I got to work. It's always cool doing a full scene, but it's also a lot of work. At some point I lost my reference and messed up Coyote's body. I pressed forward. For the background I also lost reference, but pulled it all together somehow.

"Oh, cool!" he exclaimed when he saw it. "Where'd you put my name? Oh, I see. Can you put 'ACME' too," he said pronouncing it wrong. "What's ACME?"

"It's the place where The Coyote buys all of his crazy things."

"Oh, he invents his stuff and then they build it?"

"No. He orders the stuff directly from ACME."

"Oh, so they already have all the stuff, and then he buys it, and they deliver it to him?"

"Right." The little details of all these classic Warner Bros. cartoons are what I love most about them. They are so memorable.

"Where's the tongue? Hmm, you made the face kind of too fat, right?" I had also messed up The Road Runner's face. He was right about that. "You messed up a little bit there, right?"

"I did," I admitted. I was happy he didn't continue with the critiques. He could have gone on and on with this one; but, lucky for me, he didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents