Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2014

A Cyborg Dragon

Cyborg Dragon

"What should we do today?"

"Can you look up a real cyborg?"

"What do you mean?"

"Last time you looked up 'cyborg,' but this time, I want a real cyborg, like with a person's face."

I wasn't sure what he was talking about since yesterday's cyborg Long John Silver from Disney's Treasure Planet had a face; but, I did another search for cyborgs anyway and handed him my iPhone.

"Look! This is a cyborg dragon."

So much for a cyborg with a person's face, I thought. "Um, we've done something real similar before."

"No we haven't."

"Yes. It was like a robot dragon or something."

"Yeah, that was a robot dragon. This is a cyborg dragon."

Who was I to argue? Plus, it did look pretty cool. I got started thinking that the details could be sketched in quickly without my typical regard for getting it all just right. I underestimated how complex it was.

"Are you finished?" he asked when I was only half way through.

"No. There are a ton of details," I said, feeling the time pressure.

"That's because it's a cyborg. If you were a cyborg, would you just want nothing? If I were a cyborg, I'd want a lot of details."

Again, who was I to argue? I just kept my head down and focussed on getting it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents