Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

Can you draw the Eiffel Tower?

Can you draw the Eiffel Tower?


The Eiffel Tower? Sure! Why not? At this point, I'm pretty scared each morning to ask him what he wants drawn on the sack. It's a challenge for me to draw anything considering I haven't done any sketching since I was in high school. I'm working in Sharpie, no tracing, no chicken scratch, no do-overs. Did I say I'm scared of what he'll ask me to draw next? Terrified is more like it.

Until now, I had spent on average about 5 minutes per drawing. I had in mind to do this one very quickly. This is about 10 minutes of work and it changed my thoughts on what type of drawings might end up on these sacks in the future! This project started out as a simple creative exercise to challenge myself to print his name in different ways. Now I'm drawing complex scenes and stretching my artistic capabilities beyond what I thought I could handle. I wonder where things will go from here.

I drew his "V" at the top of the tower just as he finished his breakfast. He came around to my side and asked to fill in the other letters. To be honest, I didn't want him to draw on it at all. I was pretty happy with how it turned out considering and I was worried he'd "ruin" it. Uh oh, there I go again getting a little too attached to a throw away sack. He filled in his letters throughout the tower and even in steam coming from the small boat he asked me to add to the Seine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents