Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

How about my name is on the TV...

How about my name is on the TV...


I loved this idea the moment he said it. I wasn't sure exactly what to do or how I would draw it, but I wanted to to it right away. I drew the TV and stand first. Then I asked him what he wanted on it. After some back and forth with various ideas, we settled on drawing Ninjago Warriors. I was pretty pleased with the TV set and then good ol' fear settled in. I didn't want to mess it up. I wasn't sure if I could draw the warriors right. I had a feeling I might mess them up and make the whole drawing look bad.

Just as my anxiety was building, he offered to draw them himself. "Uh, no," I thought to myself, "I'm not sure if I can even do it." I certainly didn't want him in trying. Not today! Funny how I keep getting prideful over these sacks. He actually walked over and picked up the Sharpie as my heart took a pause. As we browsed pictures of Ninjagos I kind of discouraged him from doing them himself by telling him that it looked hard. I felt bad, but I really wanted this one to look cool.

Once we decided on which warriors to draw, I got to work on them myself. He was a little disappointed so I decided to throw him a bone (or a sword as it were). I lightly sketched the sword of the warrior on the right and let him fill it in with the dark lines while I nervously watched over. The sword looks great and he was happy to contribute. After I was done with both warriors, he decided to add speakers (the 3 rectangles on top of the TV). I have to admit that I didn't want to let go of the Sharpie, but I do, in fact, love that he added them. He thought to do so because our TV has those speakers over it. It always amazes me how observant he is. He really thinks this one is cool and so do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents