Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

Crystal Landscape

Crystal Landscape

Crystal Landscape

"Let's do Santa."

"We already did Santa."

"Oh, that's right. Have we done a house?"

"We did lots of haunted houses."

"Let's do another crystal."

Somehow we ended up picking this landscape which included a couple of crystal pillars on the side. When I was finished, he said, "Oh, that looks just like the picture! Well, maybe not just like the picture, but you're doing your best." Despite his criticism, I know he liked it because this one came home.

We chatted a bit this morning about how he didn't want to go to karate because he was shy. I told him that I wouldn't be drawing on the sacks if I was worried about what everyone else was going to think -- the other kids, his teacher, etc.

He told me that he had shown everyone my drawings and they all liked them. "They were like, 'How did your dad do that?'"

He explained to them, "Well he just looks at a picture and focusses and concentrates and does his best." That was really sweet for me to hear how he talks about me to his friends.

"Can I be a drummer when I grow up?"

"You can be anything you want to be. You just have to try hard and practice and you can be whatever you want."

"I want to be an artist!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents