Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

Allosaurus

Allosaurus

Allosaurus

"What's for the snack sack today?" I asked him cheerful as I do every morning.

"Allosaurus."

"We've already done an allosaurus."

"No we haven't." He paused for a few beats. "Okay, which one is allosaurus?"

I actually wasn't sure myself. I looked it up. "Okay, we haven't done an allosaurus," I conceded. "Pick an easy one though."

He flicked through the options for 5 minutes. I started to get impatient. I prodded him to "just pick something!" The time pressure can get me cranky on some days. He picked this one but it had a complex silhouette of its head in the background.

"I'm not doing the background," I said firmly.

"Why not?"

"Pick which one," I said impatiently, "the green guy or the background."

I grew more annoyed as he considered the two. He finally picked "the green guy."

One minute later he asked if I was drawing the background. "No!" I said emphatically. "You told me to draw the main guy."

He came by when I was almost done. "I want to see his teeth!" he said with anticipation. "Oooooh!"

I personally don't like this one much as the body is too short and it looks more like a large lizard than a true allosaurus. For some reason I'm not having as much fun lately. I don't know if it's because he is picking options that are too hard to complete within the 20 or so minutes I have to spare in the morning or if I have less confidence in myself for these more complex ones. Perhaps I need to learn how to not be so hard on myself. It would seem that all I really need to do for approval is draw some really cool sharp teeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents