Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Chinese Pagoda

Chinese Pagoda

"You want something for Halloween since it is actually Halloween?" I asked him.

"Um, no," he said clearly. "I want something from the buildings book for the last time," he said. He had to bring his library book back today. He flipped through the book then asked, "Can you do the Shen building, please?"

It was actually a Chinese pagoda, but he recognized the building style from the movie, Kung Fu PandaBoy, I had to rush this one! It was complicated.

"Are you following the steps or just looking at the picture?" he asked me.

At first I didn't know what he meant. Then I realized the book had sketched out steps to help with the proportions and basic structure. "I never do that," I told him. I was feeling like it might have been a good idea this time. I was worried I'd run out of space at the top since I started at the bottom. There were so many repetitive lines and curves. I kept getting confused where I was. Every time I tried to orient myself, I got confused again. I just pushed through though.

When I was done, he exclaimed, "Ooh! That's nice!" then added, "Shen Tower," under his breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents