Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

Giraffe Neck

Giraffe Neck

I woke up this morning with an idea of what to draw. That's actually never happened before. I had the idea to do something close up. The neck of a giraffe came to mind. I'm not sure why.

"What's for the snack sack today?"

"I don't know what to do."

That was my opening. "Should I pick?" I asked, jumping at the chance.

"Yes," he replied.

He finished his breakfast and went to brush his teeth without checking out what I was drawing. When he finally did come by, I was about half way done.

"Uh, what are you doing?" he asked. He studied the drawing for about a minute before he added, "Giraffes are not Halloween."

"I didn't say I was gonna do Halloween."

"Oh." He watched me as I started on the giraffe's mane. "You'll have to do thousands of lines for the hair."

I didn't count but I probably came close. I took my time. I'm not too sure he liked it, but this one came out just as I had wanted it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents