Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Skulls Jack-o'-lantern

Skulls Jack-o'-lantern

While I made his breakfast, he flipped through a pumpkin carving pattern book. Every year we meet up with friends for a pumpkin carving party. "You're going to do this bat," he informed me. "It actually looks pretty cool." He flipped through a few more pages. "Momma's gonna do this house." He flipped back a couple of pages. "I'm going to do this wolf." He looked up at me. "Okay, daddy?" He phrased it as a question, but it wasn't really a question. In truth, I end up carving all three of our pumpkins every year.

"So...should I draw something Halloween today?" I asked.

"This skeleton!" he exclaimed. "I mean this skull."

It looked cool to me. I was real careful with this one even paying close attention to the direction of the strokes around the pumpkin.

When he saw it, he said "Ah, cooool!" He studied it more closely. "I see the 'Victor'. It's right there!" he said pointing.

"I love drawing these dark black ones. They are always fun to do!" I told him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents