Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

A Map of the Whole World

A Map of the Whole World

Map of the Whole World

"What's for the snack sack today?"

"I'm out of ideas."

"What!? There are a million ideas. All you have to do is think of a category."

Before I had finished my sentence he exclaimed, "Okay, a map!"

"Of what?" I asked marveling at how quickly a new idea had sparked.

"Of the whole world!"

He finished his breakfast quickly this morning. When I was about halfway finished with the map he suggested, "Maybe if I don't watch TV I could help you with the rest."

That was really cool to hear that he wanted to prioritize us and our art project over watching TV. He brushed his teeth and came over. He sat in my lap and watched me work for a bit before taking over. I was just about done at that point, but he added in a few more islands and much of the detail in Africa.

It was fun to see him get into it, focussing as he drew. We made quick work and finished with enough time for him to still watch some TV. It was the best of all worlds this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents