Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

Race Car

Race Car

Race Car

"What's for the snack sack today?"

"Race car."

I had to think back and was surprised we hadn't done one before. "Okay," I said as I did a search and asked him to "pick one with not too much detail."

"Is this one too much detail or just medium?"

"It's medium."

I gave him the option to pick his own number. He chose 120. I completely got the proportions all wrong on this one. "Maybe next time you can do it longer," he suggested kindly.

"You're right. The front is a little squished." 

"Let me add something," he said taking the Sharpie in hand. "Whoosh, whoosh," he said, "It's like racing in the sand." He drew whoosh marks and sand dots. "You want to add a motor and stuff?" he asked. I realized right away that he meant an exhaust pipe.

"No," I replied, "I like to draw what I see, not what's not there."

"Okay," he said as he put the last few whooshes onto the sack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents