Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

Donald and Mickey in No Service

Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse in No Service Cartoon


"What should we do today?"

"Mickey Mouse," he said after some thought.

I was pretty sure I had already done a Mickey Mouse, but I absolutely love the newer Mickey shorts with the old-school-new-school vibe. I did a search and he picked this funny screen capture from the cartoon No Service.

"Draw this one...because it's a little funny," he told me. 

Let's see if I can pull this off in time, I thought. 

The look of these two characters squaring off wearing each other's clothes is hilarious. We both got a kick out of analyzing it. 

"Why is Mickey upset?" he asked inquisitively.

"Because they were trying to steal each other's clothes to get some lunch. Remember, Goofy said 'No shirt, no shoes, no service!' Mickey doesn't wear a shirt and Donald doesn't wear shoes."

He nodded, then added, "Donald is naked."

"He sure is!"

He walked off to brush his teeth. When he came back I had made quite a bit of progress. "Oh, you did the detail. Hehe! Now it looks like they're in a place."

"I know."

"Donald looks ridiculous," he said seriously as he studied the drawing. When I didn't respond fast enough, he repeated, "Doesn't Donald look really ridiculous!?!"

"He does!"

Before we stepped out the door he made plans, "Tomorrow we're gonna do Bad Ear Day."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents