Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

A Zombie from Plants vs. Zombies


"What’s for the snack sack today?"

"A zombie from Plants vs. Zombies."

"That's a good idea!"

He’s been playing the game some, but the idea was triggered today because the episode of Jessie he was watching this morning was called "Zombie Tea Party."

I decided not to let him pick which zombie today because we were running behind schedule. Plus, the choice was obvious! As I started, I was hopeful it would turn out well. I really wanted to do a good job this time.

I started with the zombie's right hand and worked my way down. Usually I would have started with the head. I kind of messed up the lines and proportions on his upper body but you can't really tell. The head looks cool and I do like the drawing overall. It's a bit nerve racking knowing that every stroke might mess up the whole thing, especially when the start of it feels really good like it did today. I was going to add "vs. Zombies" under his name but messed up the "vs." and ran out of time so I just left it with his name only.

"Let me see! Let me see!" he exclaimed as soon as the show was over and he could focus his attention to my drawing.

"That doesn't really look like a zombie," he said. After a pause he added, "…with the big feet. Zombies have small feet."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents